St. Christopher Parish School was established in March of 1954 and ground was broken for the school in August of that same year. On February 1, 1955 the school was opened to the first four grades with an enrollment of 270 students.
The Benedictine Sisters of St. Lucy’s Priory originally staffed the school. These dedicated women guided the school’s growth to approximately 900 students in 1963. With ever-growing demands on the resources of religious communities, the Benedictine Sisters withdrew from the school in 1979.
From 1979 to 1997, the Franciscan Sisters of Charity of Manitowoc, Wisconsin administered and taught the school.
In May of 1997, the first lay principal was hired. In August of 2007, the third lay began at the school.
The school continues to be a vital part of the parish history. The school families participate in a wide variety of parish activities and service. Religious formation, academic excellence, service, and creative programs are a continuing part of St. Christopher Parish School’s history. We will always be committed to providing a quality Catholic education.